Ultimate Boxing / Ultimate Boxing Academy
DATA PROTECTION POLICY REGISTER OF SYSTEMS:
Ultimate Boxing / Ultimate Boxing Academy (hereby referred to as ‘we’ or ‘our’ or ‘The Club’) recognises Personal Data should be correctly and lawfully treated. Protecting the confidentiality and integrity of Personal Data is a responsibility that is taken seriously and therefore all aspects of the GDPR will be complied with at all times.
We are the Data Controller and as such we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and follow their guidelines for best practice.
Our business premises addresses are:
Ultimate Boxing. 68-69 High Street, Lowestoft. NR321JB
Ultimate Boxing. Peddars Lane / Alexandra Road, Beccles. NR349UD
Registered Office: Newman & Co, 7 Hungate, Beccles. NR349TT
AS DATA CONTROLLER THE STAFF, COACHES, AND VOLUNTEERS MAY COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ON BEHALF OF THE CLUB.
The storage of data will be on Google Drive secure cloud services. This means that no device will have data stored on any type of internal or external memory. Only the Responsible Person (see Data Protection Policy) and the company administrator (Wendy Nicholls) will have access to the necessary passwords to access the data. The mobile devices carried by that personnel is thumbprint lock protected. The only data on paper at the gym premises which can be accessed by coaches or volunteers is the daily register which comprises the name of the attendee only and is destroyed daily once the attendance information is updated on the cloud filing system.
Personal Data Collection.
Non sensitive data can be collected in a number of ways such as:
● Response to social media private messages
● Text message
● Digital form filling over the telephone
● Customer log on paper at Ultimate Boxing gyms by senior staff to be destroyed once uploaded to the secure cloud service
● Customer filling out of forms to be destroyed once uploaded to the secure cloud service
Personal Data Types.
Types of Personal Data collected and stored may include the following:
● Email Address
● Telephone Number
● Date of Birth
● Dominant Side
● Boxing Stance
● Records of previous sporting activity
● Records of previous fitness training activity
● Basic Medical History including current or previous illnesses, injuries, operations, medications
● Curriculum Vitae (In the case of potential staff or volunteers only)
Why We Collect The Data.
The reasons Personal Data is collected are as follows:
● To keep a gym and personal attendance record up to date
● To allow for minimal marketing via email, telephone call, text message and letter
● To aid fair and safe matchmaking in a boxing competition
● To ascertain a client’s current fitness level in order to provide an appropriate training program
● To assess an individual’s suitability for training without risking injury
How Long Do We Keep Personal Data.
The length of time that data is kept on the secure cloud data filing system is determined by the continuing attendance of the customer or the staff member/volunteer. Once a period of more than six months lapses without attendance to the club for training or to provide professional services, all data is permanently and irrevocably deleted until such time as working relations are restored when fresh data will be collected.
The Legal Implications.
The methods used and the low sensitivity and low volume of data we are collecting means that legal implications are minimal. All data collected will be given voluntarily, with consent which can be withdrawn at any time. Customers and staff have the right to gain access to any such data on request and have it removed if desired.
If there’s a problem accessing personal information, or a concern about the way we are handling Personal Data such as incorrect data, data held for too long, data not kept secure or any other concerns which can’t be satisfied by the club Responsible Person a complaint can be raised to the ICO.
INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE HELPLINE:
0303 123 1113
No other parties, organisations or individuals will ever have access to data stored by the Club. The only exception is in the case of the British Boxing Board of Control licensed professional boxers who are under contract and England Boxing carded (licensed) amateur boxers whose name, age, height, weight, date of birth and boxing experience details will be shared via telephone calls to other affiliated England Boxing clubs / BBBofC managers for the purposes of boxing tournament matchmaking.